Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Fear Not

We're not meant for fear, we are meant for freedom.  Fear closes us off, makes us worry.  Freedom opens up greater space for us.  Freedom sings into our souls and takes us to places we've never been.  Freedom is but a taste of the ultimate freedom to come.  When seeking God, we need not look back over our shoulder, for God wants us to enjoy life.  God is big enough to hold us as we are, to lead us onward into the mystery we all crave.  Life is good, God is good.  When we're free, we need not worry about how to categorize or use this feeling, being present with God in the moment is enough, and we are changed by it.  We need not be shackled by fear any more!  My inner critic is lying!  I need not shame myself to try and reach some pure position, I need not worry.

If we adapted this attitude towards ourself and others, I believe it changes everything.  All of the sudden, my goal is both your freedom and mine.  I'm less combative, less trying to persuade you of my beliefs, more trying to awaken the presence of God in you.  And not by shame, not by manipulation, not by deceit, but by honest and true presence and love.  Society, each people group, counselors, pastors, leaders, everyone, should be about freedom for each other and for ourselves.  Satan cannot set free, he can only bind.  This is how we know that each freedom is from God.

In the experience of freedom, my attitude has greater gratitude.  I'm more spontaneous, more open, and my troubles seem to slide off of my back.  Being present with freedom is honoring to God.  Also, if I'm free my actions will be more my own, less a reaction to some outside force.  We need not fear freedom, need not fear enjoyment, for these are gifts from God.

Life, is gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment