Sunday, March 29, 2015

New Life

Let life ring from the rooftops, let beauty flow from eternity into the present, into our hopes and dreams.  In all things, let us lay down arms, take up each others souls, carry each others' pain, hold on to the one holding us.  In this way, sister and brother, shape me as we are together shaped into the echoes and mercies of eternity.  Forever begins with new dawns light, it's in the present, the truest reality.  My heart years to be full, with mystery, with fluorescence and grace, in utter gratitude and celebration.  It's not what's not, but what is.  There is so much more to say about what is than what is not.  He is for us, in every way, never to be feared, only to be accepted, with welling heart and hearts tender to mercy.

He bled, he died, he rose, he lives.  Bigger than my mistakes, brighter than the darkness, the joy vibrating through the hearts of every human.  Yet his love doesn't stop with humans, his loving gaze pierces the crocodiles skins, waits for the slumbering bear, is attune to all of creation.  The light shines, may we ponder this for eternity, while it never looses its luster, only shines brighter and brighter, own job than becomes one of receiving, one of openness, one of gratitude, one of transparency.

Your bright won't look like mine, mine not like yours, but we will complement each other until the fullness of the full is shown and we shown as pieces of it.  In the end, there will be an embrace waiting for us, one that neither discriminates nor condemns.  We cannot earn the embrace, only accept it, only rest in it.  Beyond time, outside space, the lives throughout the years have drunk from the same river of life, the Wellspring flowing throughout infinity.

Holy Savior Jesus, teach my mind and heart to be eternally open to you, to your mystery and grace.  Let heart sing for joy in you, my soul find rest in your redemption.  Just speak to me, let all other voices be silenced, train my heart to find you.  In my musings, in my poetry, may they be breading grounds to see you in new ways, may they be floors of which I stand in you.  My life, however much or little I have left, is yours.  Take from me splitting, fear, pettiness, condemnation, judgement, hate of myself and others, anxiety, teach me to love.  Whatever road you would have for me, help me to walk it.  Whatever plans you have for me, help me to live it.  What ever call you may have on my life, help me to fulfill it.  And in every way, be my inspiration, my dreams, my hope, my mercy, and my love.  While my years wane, I know your years shall not, while I dry up, you spring new life, while I grow weary, you hold the nations in your hands.  Let all on every continent praise you, my we be one, as you are one.  My I be an instrument of peace, let the gospel flow through my being, and may this life, this gift forever find its giftedness in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment