Monday, May 7, 2018

In the Midst

The storm rages on.  Sometimes, it's a dry passage of time, feeling numb.  Is there a harbor in this storm?  Are these minutes wasted?  Or is there a Good that can take even these, even our broken hearts, and somehow may a beautiful spread from them.

In the midst of the storm is a heart beating.  Maybe if I close my eyes and listen for it, maybe if I tune my ears to the message behind my chaos, maybe then I'll catch some of it.  

Our pain is not unheard.  Our pain matters.  I am not alone in the darkness.  Sometimes it feels like an uphill battle.  But may my heart and mind be trained, tuned, turned to, in the care of, the water well bursting forth even in the midst of my heart breaking.  It is there.  And when I can't feel it, when it feels the furthest thing from the truth, maybe in these moments I am floating on its infinite and eternal surface, with the waters calling, "Dive in."

Your pain matters.  When we are honest about the difficulty, we are ready for the consciousness beyond the difficulty.  We must be able to name, speak truth, be honest.  In these moments of honesty, even though possibly achieved through fear, there is liberation.  Because we find ourselves no longer fighting the reality that already knows, and we give way to its tide which changes and transforms even these deep hurts into glorious love.

No comments:

Post a Comment