Monday, April 14, 2014

Fluid

I want to be a fluid person, I want to be integrated.  I don't want there to be separate parts of me that I must attend to one at a time, and while attending to one the others get neglected.  I want to see value in each part of me, and potential in each part as well.  Even my dark parts, God can use for his good.  I want each of my parts to be complementary to the others, each encouraging the others to shine.  I don't want to be a musician in one breath, a counselor in another, I want all my parts to be accessible to me and all to shine out of my core identity as a loved child of God.  Each of my deep parts tells a story, each opens me up to a new level of grace. When I'm working as a counselor, I want the beauty of music flowing through me, and when I am writing music I want God's compassion for humanity informing all I write.

Integration will encourage me to not wear a mask in any setting, but to be my true self.  Integration will help me to relate to others out of a more true and honest stance.

No comments:

Post a Comment