Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Unfolding

Beyond a red carpet, let it roll out.  We see it as it is unraveled, not from itself, but from and in our understanding.  It's being revealed, everywhere at every time.  Teach me to listen oh Sovereign Lord. Let my posture be that of receiving.  Let me not be afraid to let you take me into the unknown.  And even if I am afraid, please help me to still let you.

For my emotions are data, not directions.  My fear isn't the whole it says it is.  It tries to consume me, that's all it knows how to do, but it doesn't know, it doesn't see, that beauty is in the stillness.  The rage boils, brews and spews, trying to pull others in.  It grasps desperately for a victim.  But truth is found in the time between stimulus and response.  Something occurs, and I have time, what shall I choose?  I've ran both directions way too readily.  I've over identified with the polars, running right and left.  But my eyes can only see one direction, running right means I can only see right.  Running left means I can only see left.  Resting in the middle gives me a better perspective.  This third way of seeing is so much something discovered as something uncovered.  Our very being, spirit, flesh, all of it desires its Source.  We want to come home.  Then our mind partakes in the Great Mind, not as an informant, but as a participant in its flow.

I need not claim any ground, put my stake in any claim, dig in my feet into the rocky ground.  Free me from myself Lord.  Empty me of all that keeps me from your glorious joy.  Become to me the Alpha and Omega, and everything in between.  Even if it means pulling me into what I considered darkness, only to discover that you are somewhere where I thought not.

No comments:

Post a Comment