Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Tribe that Contains all Tribes

What if there are people who love on both sides?  What if there is a tribe that contains all tribe?  Life.  Love.  Kindness.  What if these are the places where we should go.  When I give myself to an ideology, I give part of myself away.  My instincts then are to defend that ideology.  My walls come up.  What if the victory is already won, what if love is at the core of the universe?  What if this speaks louder than any word?  Now I can lay down my defenses, and not try to muster up a "right" response and simply accept love, to accept that I am accepted.

Beneath our differences, in thought, in belief, there is a river running that joins us all.  All notion of independence isn't the full reality.  We are interconnected with Christ at the core.

Democrats and Republicans.  Gay or straight.  Male, female or transgendered, we are all one.  The river flows.  The river doesn't judge, it simply invites.  May I, may we, always just simply say, "Yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment