Friday, November 3, 2017

Oh, there you are

Oh, there you are!  In a place I didn't expect.  I went to my schools, I read my books, I planned my plans, but my ego loves to attach its worth to accomplishment, and I became what I do.  But that is not where you are.  Catch me by surprise.  Come to me when I'm on my knees, when my defenses are down.  Then, possibly, I will be more receptive.  I've tried ownership.  Over and over and over.  When I think something is in my grasp, it becomes illusive to me.  Look what I have!  Look what I have discovered.  Pain.  Look at me!  Look at what I've figured out!  Regret.

If it is true that there is a kingdom beyond, between and before our current level of seeing, let me see it.  For to many times I've tried to take captive reality and make it my own.  There must be something larger, something that includes everyone and everything for all of time, space and eternity.  Right?  What other common ground do we have to meet on?  How else can we be one and yet also celebrate our differences?

Awaken my soul.  Let me dull mind, mush and all, see with clarity.  Help me to believe.  Is it too good to be true?  No, let me believe it more and more for this human life and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment