Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Beauty

Beauty shakes us from the familiar, from where we are stuck.  If we but behold it, let it sink in, let it speak into us.  A beautiful song, if I meet it with gratitude, can lift me to new heights.  A beautiful painting can be healing to the place in each of us that longs for beauty, for creativity.  A beautiful sunset can put me at peace, because I feel I'm taking part in the transcendent, in that which is beyond me, but which includes me.

Beauty can create in me a sense of flow, a sense of ease, where thoughts come and go without troubling me.  I don't need to shy back from beauty, from letting it wash over me, for beauty is from God.  In the beautiful moment, I know on a different level, I know in a deep place of me.  In the beautiful moment, I'm held, I don't need to announce my presence, the presence I feel is enough.  In the beautiful moment, I am both awake and at rest.  I am in love, and a part of love.  The script has become to us alive, relevant, free.

Beauty transcends fear, transcends dualistic thinking, transcends ego and ego traps.  It shakes us awake, shakes us from the mundane.  Beauty is related to mystery, to a place where we leave what we know, to join something bigger and better.

God grant me the capacity to let beauty speak to me, to let it wrap around me and take me in.  Let me see you as beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment