Saturday, November 9, 2013

Tri

I hope to post music I write onto this blog.  I will call my music project Tri.  Why, you might ask? Because the idea of Tri (three) defies duality.  I don't want to be an either or thinker, but a both and thinker.  I don't want to constantly be competing with others to come out first.  I want to believe that there is room enough on this earth for all of us.  I want my life to be more about invitation and less about trying to be right.  I want my compulsion to fix to end and for it to be enough for me to just be with people.  As a counselor, as a musician, as a believer in Jesus, I want pretense to fall from me.  I want to be open to beauty and art and the gift that each person has to offer.  I want to live from my true self, not an either or, split, or dual self.  I want bridges to be built for the isolated parts of me, to be one in love.  For the isolation is just an illusion, being and goodness are one. I also hope to be a bridge builder for others, so that we can meet on equal ground.

I want to be open to joy, to experience deeper and richer than I can now see.  I want to be open to revelation, to a place where body, mind and heart are all accepted.

One reason I like music is because it can promote honest expression, truth about the emotions we feel.  And I feel that somehow, in this honest expression, God is praised.  I choose the name Tri for my music project because I don't want to try and put music in a box, to not simply discharge my ideas, but to partake in beauty and creativity.  Tri helps me think in larger terms than either/or, larger than what I can comprehend.

Thank you for reading this blog, I hope to helpful to those on the path of finding true reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment