Saturday, November 23, 2013

Transformation

I am posted a song entitled Transformation that I have written. I feel that all transformation is something that happens to us, not something that we can will on our own. I believe that to transform is to give up a false image of control we think we have over something. To try and control something is to be controlled by it. This is one thing about the contemplative mind that intrigues me, a mind that can view much of reality without feeling the need to pass judgement on anything. As a Christian, I believe that the battle is won, death has been swallowed up in victory, Jesus has risen! So my awakening to Christ is less of my willing myself into his arms, and more resting into the love already present. I believe it's an awakening of the soul, and awakening of God's image in us. I feel that we're more transformed more from the questions we ask, less from the demands we make. Personally, I fear being broken, of not having the answer, but it is precisely in these moments where my soul yearns for Christ. I hope you enjoy this song, I hope to continually write them as they open me up to a reality bigger than the one I currently perceive.

No comments:

Post a Comment