Thursday, March 20, 2014

Surprise

I want to be taken by surprise by God.  I don't want him to reveal himself to me in a way that I expected.  I don't want to pretend to have God figured out.  I want him to reveal himself in ways I can't yet see, that I wouldn't expect, that maybe I'm not quite ready for yet.  I want to fall into something bigger than me, something that explains all the previous stages of life I've been in.  This can't be of my doing, for I can't transform me.  Transformation isn't something we do, it's something we get done to us.  In this light, I need to hold all of my beliefs with open hands, allowing God to change them, mold them and expand them.  I think we're all longing for something bigger than what we can understand, something of mystery.  I need to recede control and trust.  I hope you enjoy this song entitled "Surprise."

No comments:

Post a Comment