Saturday, March 29, 2014

Out of Darkness

This is a song I did a while ago.  I feel that sometimes on our way to the light, we must admit the darkness we struggle with.  Each of us here walk in a world where both darkness and light are present. Being open and honest about the darkness we struggle with can encourage others to do so as well.  We don't need to pretend to be a totally pure people, or that we have it all figured out.  If this were so, we wouldn't need Jesus.  Jesus is in our midst, always healing, always calling us to honesty.  As we comb through the tundra of our soul, we can find great hope, but we can also find great hurt and great doubt as well.  We might not always like what we find when we look inward.  But it is precisely through the exploration and admission of our darkness that we open ourselves up to more light.  I know for me, I like simple formulas or rules, certain things that if I do will guarantee I'm walking on God's path.  Unfortunately (or rather, fortunately) it doesn't work like this though.  God may ask us to do things were not comfortable with, always for the best, but tough none the less.  The good news is that we always arrive at a better place through an honest exploration of our darkness.  We need not be perfect, just honest.  This song is an expression of some of the things I struggle with.  I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment