Saturday, March 8, 2014

Project Include

I called this song "Include."  I feel that the life in Christ isn't so much a life of things we're not supposed to do, but to a grace we are invited into.  It isn't so much rules or legalism, much more about freedom, joy and peace.  I don't think that God is up there looking for ways to criticize us but is up there wishing that we would experience his freedom.  I like the word "include" because I think it means all of the parts of us are included, all loved by God, all useful, all unique.  This isn't a "anything goes" theology but an idea that God can use any part of us, even the broken parts, for good.  When I write music, I do so in the hope that I become a more fluid and integrated person.  I invite my heart and soul to join my mind in the creating process, ultimately hoping to experience something of God.  I then hope that what happens inside of me helps me to be inclusive towards other people as well.  I don't think that theology, poetry and science need be enemies but are different ways through which we view God.  I hope that you enjoy this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment