Sunday, February 13, 2022

That I may Know

Someone to pull out the splinters, I leave it all for you.  Have mercy on me, a sinner.  Cleanse me whiter than the brightest white.  Help me to give up grievances I have, to not choose bitterness, to leave what I don't need behind.  Let those I encounter see you, glow through me.  Time, is yours.  Space and infinity, is yours.  Why should I worry?  What do I consider my depression?  Why do I wonder if your absent to me? Help me tired bones to find rest in your grace, break through my dark thoughts with your glorious light.  Let but a flicker be sparked, that I may have a warm glow to nurture me back to health.  Be my home, in the midst of the many homes I try and find, be my home.  Whatever I am, whatever I am not, belongs to you.  Bring to yourself what is yours.  Have control, my senses activates by your energy, every part in harmony, every part one.  Let them not be just words on a page, but actualities ready to enter my heart and psyche, that I may know you are here.  Be closer to me than I am to myself. Bless me that I may catch some of your glow, that I may surrender control.  To be held, in the midst of, in-between.  Let the anchor of my drought give way against your great tide.  That I may see.  That I may know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment