Thursday, February 17, 2022

That I May Be With You

 To find that I could fall, around my heart.  Be my everything.  In the morning light, in the pale dark night. Be in my dreams, at night and day.  Be my heart, my very own.  Be my in-between.  My heart seeks refuge in your love.  Be with me, my day, as twilight approaches, however near or far, may my heart grow in your love.  My it practice for home even now, may it beat with more and more confidence, to know as it's known.  May the darkness not have the final say.  May it drift from me into the ever growing sea, that as time proceeds I don't know it existed, I don't remember its sting.  Help me to surrender to your love, that it might be better than I could have seen.  Be with me on this spinning ball through space, that your love may be within and without this universe.  Cleanse me over and again, that I may taste but some of your goodness.  That this weary world will not hold me down, that I may fly to you, realizing that you are the wings, the air, the starting place and the destination.  That I may be with you.  That I may be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment