Monday, May 18, 2020

Am I willing to unknow in order to know

Do I seek the certainties which I affirm or have kept in my operating system for a long time?  Am I willing to unknow them in order to know in a deeper way?  But they have worked in the past, I might cry out.  But they brought me life, I might say.  But they were entertaining, I might hold on to.  However these things must be let go of in order to be taken to a deeper seeing and experiencing and life.  It may be my sureties, possibly gifts that were freely given me, that I now latch to and claim as my own.  I must find the courage to surrender them to God.  For if I don't, I may stay stuck.  I may miss out on a new perspective, a perspective that might shed more light on the very things I'm afraid to let go of.

No comments:

Post a Comment