Sunday, May 24, 2020

Everything

Surrender.  Let it happen.  I can't bring about redemption in myself, all I can do is try and stay plugged in, try and be in the flow.  I can't make tomorrow come sooner, in my efforts to manipulate tomorrow, I might steel from the present, and also not set me up for tomorrow the best either.  If love is the language upon which the universe was formed, if it is below us, above us, between us, in us, then is more beneficial to slow down and try and get in touch with this then trying to force something upon tomorrow?  If love careens through the universe, touching everything, is present in the far reaches of space and time, is present in the far reaches of the mind and soul, then would a surrender to it get me in touch with what I really need for the moment?  Then, it could care for all of these things and me, without my need to worry about tomorrow, or five minutes from now.  To be present with absolute presence, then maybe I will find my soul.  But there may be conflicting voices in my head, each vying for attention, each with hopes and fears.  A surrender is a surrender of these voices too, and then maybe if I surrender to God, the feeling of the need to follow one of these trails might dissipate, because, I am ok in the moment.  Then in the moment, maybe new streams are dug, maybe I learn to trust the present.  Maybe I become less defended.  Less likely to draw back.  Less likely to want to control or change the future, less likely to dig in the past for some answer.  Maybe our soul resonates with the eternal, the eternal that is beyond time and space and our control.  But somehow a surrender to that which is broader than us is also a surrender to home.  Maybe this home, this grace, is large enough to heal us of our worries in the moment, larger than our questions, maybe we can simply rest and be.

No comments:

Post a Comment