Saturday, May 2, 2020

Love beyond belief

Do I have a belief system, or do I seek something that is relevant to everything I do and all that I am. A belief system might help me to categorize things.  It might help me to make thoughts into stairs which I can climb to a roof that doesn't exist.  A belief system might actually inhibit belief to have its work on me.  If I preemptively put a belief system ahead of me, that I hold true, and try and live into, it might not let love hold me as I am, broken, needing healing, from Christ, who loves me before and despite and belief systems.  The unknown is where my own resources have no light to guide, to fall into the great unknown is to be caught by the hands that inhabit a space bigger than me.  Then, to open me to this bigger field also.

No comments:

Post a Comment